Crafts, Goodies and Interesting Finds

Powered by Blogger.

August 26, 2009

Caroline and Friends: There's more

When I was younger, my mom would read to us from a book called Caroline and friends; it's all about a spunky young girl who has lion cubs, puppies, bear cubs and kittens for friends and they go on extraordinary adventures. I'd have mom read it all the time because the stories were great and the pictures were AMAZING! We'd looked for copies but it's been out of print for a while. The copy she has now was bought in 1960 by my Grandad.
Imagine my surprise! There are more Caroline books. The one that mom has, I saw one for sale on amazon.com for 1500 dollars!!! WOW!!! Ours is definitely NOT in pristine condition and I doubt it would fetch much more than it was bought for. Much to my surprise there were more Caroline books as you can see below. However, they are in French. All the English versions are over 200 bucks. I think, when I have money to spare, I will get those French Caroline books and get Jon Lloyd, or Erin or Karen Campbell to translate them. It is now my goal, to get as many Caroline books as I can. It will take me A LOOOOOONG time, but it is now my life quest!

1 comment:

nerak said...

Wow, I can't believe they're going for so much moola! Looks like your mom has a collector's item. Oh, and you might be better off having Jon translate! ;)