
Jackson wore his first suit on Sunday. He had the patience to let me button up his shirt and then took off. I tried to get a picture of him with sunglasses because he looked like Tom Cruise.
Colby's finishing up his last year...I mean first year (wishful thinking) of school. It's been quite the year. Jackson turned one, Sam turned zero, aaand I turned a year oldler too. 27 sounds old to me! 25 and 26 were pieces of cake. 27 is just old! Sorry to all those of you 27 or older. As you can clearly see, we've all been tired lately. Everyone except Jackson, of course. Working on weaning him off of soothers, bottles and such now that I'm not crazy pregnant and pregnant crazy (if you know what I mean). Seriously, it was like as soon as I was not pregnant (even though I was tireder) I had will power. Wahoo! And I am still weepy-ish, but things are looking up.

I don't even know if Colby knew that Jackson was sitting on him. At least he didn't until Jackson kicked him in the face.

Often, as I'm sitting or lying down and being used by Jackson as a human jungle gym, I'm reminded of those pictures and videos of lions with their cubs. Notice any similarites?
In any case, we've been watching a lot of movies when Sam is getting his bottle. Currently, we've exhausted all the Pixar movies (which has renewed my ire for Cars) and are watching Polar Express (again). I can quote "Up", "Finding Nemo", and "Toy Story" for you verbatim. I've also explored the library and found this:

It's a British TV adaptation of Pride and Prejudice. Of course things go horribly wrong as our 21st century heroine exposes the plot to the characters prematurely. Jane actually marries Mr. Collins, Wickham is actually a pretty decent guy, and Elizabeth remains single, and Mr. Bingley drowns the loss of Jane in alcohol and runs off with Lydia. What of Mr. Darcy? Falls for the heroine. Everything does end up well in the end. British humor, but I really did enjoy it. Although, I'd have taken it somewhere else.
I have renewed my interest in the Ranger's Apprentice series:

And am starting book 6.
If you've lasted this far into the post: I'm working on re-teaching Jackson to clean up as well as re-teaching folding his arms for prayers. I'd gotten very slack last bit of pregnancy. In any case, sometimes I have to fold his arms for him, but he'll let me and I peeked last night at the dinner table. There he was just looking up at me as I held his arms and said the prayer grinning like a Cheshire cat. Once I was done, his grin got wider (if possible) and he was so adorable.
Jackson has always been a good sharer (although that might change). The nursery lady says that sometimes Jackson won't get any snacks in nursery because he shares it all. My little man! He's so accomodating. I'm sure the other kids reach for his snacks and take a few. He sees this and decides to help them out so he'll share. He also does this at the dinner table if he's done but doesn't want to leave yet. We've tried getting him to brush his teeth and he just loves to share!
What could I do? It was open my mouth or get a chipped tooth.
Jackson has a stepping stool that we've placed by the crib. He doesn't realize that he can move it around and crawl places (thankfully)! So sometimes he'll stand on his stool and peek into Sam's crib. If he could talk, he'd say, "Yep. He's still in there. Just checking." Sometimes he'll talk to him for minutes at a time jabbering away. Sometimes he'll shout and jabber. Luckily Sam's a pretty heavy sleeper. Sometimes Jackson will try and give Sam his soother and sometimes Jackson will reach in and take Sam's soother, try and suck on it, find he can't, run to the front door, and throw the soother on the ground by the trash can. Thanks, Jackson. But, the last two days, Jackson has taken two of his sand toys (Cars sand moulds) and gently placed them in the crib by Sam's face while talking to Sam and explaining what they are. Of course, Jackson doesn't know what he's talking about because he's never actually used the sand moulds himself. Cute nonetheless.
Jackson is also an aficionado on iphone and ipod touch apps. He loves the Flight Navigator game, Shapes for Toddlers, Baby Animal Sounds, and thumbing through pictures of himself.
Whew! That is quite a mouthful, but I've been holding all of this in for a long time! Anyway. If you actually read this far, you get 5 brownie points! Thanks for reading! Signing off for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment