Crafts, Goodies and Interesting Finds

Powered by Blogger.

January 9, 2012

Getting my Kids to Eat Anything: Day One...

Battle One
The first skirmish in the Food Fray has been staged. Not sure if it was a win or a loss, but the opponent was a tough nut to crack. Getting something in, is like getting something out of Fort Knox. Nigh impossible. There was much weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth, along with oatmeal hands being wiped from stem to stern and everywhere in between. Most of it went behind my opponents ears and down the front of his face as his hands slid from forehead to chin in apparent agony. I'd estimate the total battle time was about 40 min. What may you ask was the cause? The two-foot challenger found eating ONE bite of "sweet cereal" mortally offensive, if eating said cereal came before eating 'ot 'daws--hotdogs. Forty minutes! The young one's wailing must have translated to something like. "Help! I'm being attacked by my own mother, Save me!" because backup arrived. Jackson came over and was very upset I was the cause of Sam's distress. There was so much sugar in the oatmeal, the kid was practically eating dessert. I still got him to eat one bite. I tried distractions, ignoring him, letting him get hungrier, bargaining with cookies all to no avail. I did finally get him to eat one bite while distracted with a dollar store spinney top. Which he then later threw off his high chair and the thing broke. Like a said, did I win, lose or draw?

Tomorrow's assault has something new in the arsenal. Banana chocolate muffins with cauliflower in them. Short of feeding them intravenously, I'll do just about anything to get them to eat something else.

LOTS of work, but I'll be making chocolate muffins with cauliflower in them. Hopefully I'll get him to eat it later.

Child number one is also getting more food exposure as I'm putting food on his mouth. Then he gets to eat something else.

Battle One, not battle won.

1 comment:

Jonathan and Laura said...

Very clever writing. We are having the same issue with Macy. All she eats is pasta and pizza. I recently got the sneaky chef book and going to try to get Macy some sort of vegetable. Good luck!