Crafts, Goodies and Interesting Finds

Powered by Blogger.

December 30, 2007

Dis-Enchanted (Spoiler Warning)

Wow. Danielle said she didn't like this movie and I agree. While Danielle may have disliked the movie for entirely different reasons than Colby and I, I still say this movie deserves to be disliked. It was really cute and funny up to a point. I really thought that Amy Adams (or whatever her name was in the movie) was wonderfully naive and full of the ideal. Her innocence was refreshing but instead of staying with her prince, her one true love, she ditches him for this other guy who also ditches his 5-yr long girlfrield. Blah! The villain is defeated because she accidentally falls. Lame! And, there are subtle innuendos, or presuppositions that it's okay for a man you don't know to see you in nothing but a towel, it's okay to stay at someone's house and not be married, and it's ok to wear immodest dresses. When the girlfriend caught the two main characters in a risque position she was rightfully upset. But the male lead pacified her by saying it's ok, nothing happened. She believes him but her faith is misplaced because he eventually does have an affair with the "enchanted girl". I don't know if anyone understood that or not but decidedly, Colby and I did NOT like the movie. It was cute and great and fun until the romance switched people. She even de-naivatized, she had doubts about her true love, she got angry. More human, yes. But it's a fairytale! Maybe I'm reading too much into this (that was my downfall with Pixar's cars) but I can't be the only one if Colby agrees with me too. I've said my piece.

No comments: