
It's a rocket! Well, let's back that up. First, we're having a baby! Yeah for us. As you can tell, Colby's pretty far along and happier than ever. How can this be? Well, you've seen the movie "Junior" right? That was a weird movie by the way. We just watched it on TV this trip. Anyway. The due date keeps changing but I'm not really concerned. It's at the end of May/beginning of June. This Christmas we visited Colby's folks and have really had a great time. We also took a trip to La Canada (sing it with the national anthem if you desire) to visit the DeVores (spelling?). We went to C & O's Trattoria which has some of the best Italian food around not to mention the best killer garlic rolls. And yes, these are worth dying for. We had a great time and stayed with Ja's family. Before the food though, Colby and I heard some great news. Ja's dad deals with high-risk pregnancies and birth defects specifically the heart. He has a really cool ultrasound machine and can even project 3D images. Ja's dad was able to help us out and give us and early ultrasound. We've got the pictures below and these will just have to do. He even gave us a DVD!
Many, many thanks to Ja and Laura and Dr. Devore! This is a profile:
Below is a 3D image of the baby's head. Don't be alarmed. Our baby doesn't have a hole in it's head. Just because the camera can't have everything in focus at once it omits to show some of it. The baby's fine. We'll worry about it's brains of the lack thereof when it becomes a teenager.

Below is my favorite picture. I think it's amazing to see the bones and the spine. And yeah! No spina bifida! Sorry about the glare on the pictures. We don't have a scanner readily available so I just took pictures of the pictures. On the right is the 3D image.

Next comes Colby's favorite shot- the rocket. Dr. Devore kindly showed us the gender of the kiddo. I've merely circled the item in question. He said it so quickly that Colby wasn't sure.

So, there you have it folks! After Colby heard the news he said, "Yes, yes, YES!" I'm happy too, of course!
2 comments:
WOW! Congratulations! Colby looks pretty far along. :) I'm excited for you two!
Congratulations! That's pretty exciting for you guys. Glad you had such a great break. :)
Post a Comment