Crafts, Goodies and Interesting Finds

Powered by Blogger.

March 14, 2008

Dating Advice from Kids Who Aren't Old Enough to Date

Dating 101 from my 9th graders. For Valentine's Day we watched clips of Hitch and then wrote a paragraph pretending to be Hitch. Here are sentences gathered from my brilliant 9th graders. The M at the end of the sentence stands for "Written by a male" and the F at the end of the sentences stands for "Written by a female". They're pretty funny. Some are really insightful...for 9th graders.

If a girl asks, “How do I look?” always answer positively. M

When you are approaching for your first kiss, you do not want to make her kiss you. M

Be yourself. Typically, your date is gonna be as nervous as you are. M

When you talk, don't ramble on about your life. Ask questions. M

Women are complicated and I do not understand why they believe they need to fake tan until they are an ORANGE. M

To keep her, be a gentleman like the guys used to be. F

What most guys don't realize about women is, no matter how old they are, they always have the self-conscious teenage thing. F

Boys often need help with flirting. I find boys think being rude is flirting. For example, some boy might take your pencil and tease you with it. This is rude. NOT flirting. Be kind when you flirt. F

If she runs away when you hold her hand, don't try and hold her hand again. F

Guys: always ask a question about them, they usually like you to ask about how things are going for them. M

Girls, it's good to go up to a guy and talk. But don't follow them everywhere. M

How not to ask a girl out: “Yo, you! You is my girl now!” M

Most girls would rather hear beautiful or gorgeous rather than babe, sexy, or hot. F

When dating, relax or you might scare your date. M

Girls still need to send signals saying whether or not to kiss them. We don't know if they are grossed out or if we should move in. M

If you have to fart, go to the bathroom. M

Be yourself! M, F

How you speak to a woman is individual to the girl. M

No little side hugs! F

Girls like to be flattered. Tell girls they look beautiful, not hot. Be sincere and be nice. F

3 comments:

Frances said...

the last one is my favorite... I need to let Ky see that one. JK That's funny! How's your book by the way?

Unknown said...

I need to start over from scratch! You've got such a good memory. I've changed it so much that I think it's not at all what it was at the beginning. I'll send you the original! P.s. We just went and saw a play and there was a girl in there with a great voice and she also looked like you! It was a double-take!

Katelyn R said...

This is hilarious. I really liked the fake tan one. Sounds like a fun assignment.