
Well, it all started around 11:30 when we went to go and see Iron Man. Now, I know I've been a little wishy washy on the whole thing...but it was freakin awesome!!!! Colby and I both loved it. It started great at the beginning and just kept on going from there. It's got smarts, action, great special effects and the potential for a great sequel (of course-we just hope they don't ruin it like Spider-Man 3...too many bad guys and the bar dancing? Puh-leaze). Anyway, if you see it, there is a very brief scene after the credits. Robert Downy Jr. and Gwynth Paltrow are very well suited for their parts and the acting they did. There's minimal swearing, very few scenes where they actually show blood, and HILARIOUS dialogue and one-liners from Tony Stark. I'd definitely see it again and while Colby and I were a bit skeptical on some of the online review about it being compared and better than Spider-Man (1)...we'd have to agree. Iron Man is, in our opinion, better than Spider-Man because it's got more meat to the plot, the chemistry is better, the script is great and the suit is awesome! Plus, Iron Man is just a little bit cooler. Below is a poster to get you amped to see it. Anyway, Iron Man is awesome. Just throwing it out there, you can throw it back...

So after Iron Man, Colby and I took a trip to the Apple store to purchase a new computer. We will soon be computer-less. We're using my computer from work but in the last couple of weeks an opportunity has presented itself in me not necessarily working at Globodyne, I mean Timberline anymore (name that movie if you can). Basically work gave me the shaft. Not as bad as Dick Harper, but still. Anyway, that being said, I'll have to return my computer. We started this year with 3 computers (mine, Colby's, and work's). We've since sold my old laptop or as Colby called it craptop and got a fair price considering it whirred and sounded like it was about to take-off whenever you put a CD in it (unless you leaned on the corner and then it didn't make any noise). I still miss Dexter. Colby sold his computer for a fair price to some guy in West Valley (thank you Craigslist and KSL) and now work computer is going in about 2-3 weeks. We definitely need a new computer and we vowed the next computer we purchased would be a Mac. They're just that much cooler. I know that certainly the boys would agree.

After the Mac store it was up to Park City, but first a stop to take advantage of the $5 foot-long subs. Can you really go wrong with that price? Park City was, yeah, to go window shopping and possibly buy a very nice, chic piece of artwork (We currently only have LDS art. Not that there's anything bad about it, I rather like some of the pieces. However, it's all we've got). Of course, the art galleries in Park City had some very nice pieces of art and not very nice prices (which was to be expected). We did see one that was very tempting. It was called "Paper Weight" and was a crumpled up piece of schlacked computer paper for $500+. Who wouldn't want a paper weight like that?

But by far, the oddest thing we saw was a shoe tree. My only question is: Why? In my high school, it was rumored that a tree with a pair of shoes in them was a drug pick up/drop off. Whether that is true or not is yet to be decided but Colby and I saw at least a handful of teens that either were or had been smoking something a little more than a ciggie. Again, why? And yes, that is the actual tree.

Next we went to the hotel. We needed to pick up some bread and dinner (we had a really late lunch)for an early Sunday breakfast so we'd have something to eat on the drive home. Colby had meetings early and unfortunately, we only remembered that it was fast Sunday after we purchased the food. We were cruising around Midway and saw a Days Market. It looked really podunky on the outside but, man! What a produce section! It was the best produce section we've ever seen. We got some fruit, some juice and stopped by the deli. Now, you know what's in the hot and ready section: fried chicken, french fries, mac and cheese- the usual. Anyway...this deli lady thought that she was a salesperson because she offered us half off on anything. Well, they had racks of ribs there and Colby could not pass it up!As you can see, if you didn't already know, Colby loves meat!

Well, we also had to forage for bread so close to our hotel was a ritzy kind of bakery at a resort that was oddly in Swiss decor. We walked in and there was a huge case of bread. When we asked how much the bread cost, the lady behind the counter said, "Oh, we're kind of starting a new bread program. It's free." Excuse us, did we hear you right? I think we did actually ask her to repeat herself. Great bread and it's free? What's the catch right? Well, there was no catch unless they poisoned the bread. We walked out with two huge loaves of fresh bread. Bread program? Are we in Russia (sorry Andrew)?
The hotel in Heber was really nice. As soon as we checked in they offered us a free sample of their homemade fudge (love the place already) and gave us a spacious room with a ginormous fireplace, bathroom (complete with a heat lamp) and living area. So cool. Heber was a really odd mix of buidlings, though. Most of the town seemed to be going for a Swiss Alps kind of feel (exhibit A)...

but right across the street from a huge house could be a ramshackle shack (exhibit B):

We stayed at the Homestead Inn and had just a great time! Thanks, Colby for such a great birthday!
p.s. Congrats for those of you that read this entire entry. It was long, but...blogs I think are slowly trying to take over journals. Meh...Not as personal but I certainly type faster than I write!
4 comments:
Sounds fun! I love how blunt you are Becca. It's hilarious!4
looks like fun :) I am so sad that you guys are moving...thanks so much for all the things you have done for us and good luck with all future endevors (sorry i think i spelled that wrong ;)
First off, Happy Belated Birthday! Second, I hope you don't mind that I stalked you. I got your comment and I clicked your name, but alas, nothing happened. So I stalked. I just missed you so much. And I had to tell you that Eli and I loved "Iron Man." I'm so excited for your baby boy! We have to keep in touch much better I've decided. Congrats on everything Becca!
Post a Comment