Crafts, Goodies and Interesting Finds

Powered by Blogger.

August 8, 2008

Olympics

Just in honor of the Olympics! Again, I just love the Olympics! Although I do NOT love the US coverage of The Games. We were watching the Opening Ceremonies and they kept cutting to commercial breaks for sleazy nbc shows. That was irritating. Colby has a friend or two on the US team and one on Team Sweden. Just as Sweden came on, they cut to Kobe Bryant and LeBron James. While I do think that the network should cover more US teams than others, they still need to cover others. The announcers were poorly informed (said a couple of blunders, esp about people's "costumes"). While Canada isn't the best around, their Olympics coverage is a million times better. They run the Olympics almost all day (LIVE) and then rerun highlights during primetime (NBC just reruns the highlights). Canada also focuses on other nations but emphasizes Canadians. I was really disappointed in the announcers and coverage. Although on a happier note: I could not have been more amazed at the Ceremonies! The stadium, the performers! Colby kept saying, "That's an LED screen?!" and when the illuminated performers took to the floor, my jaw dropped. Speaking of dropping, Colby and I got a little scared when the final torch bearer was hoisted to the scrim. His rigging was pretty jerky and we were biting our nails for him. Although China left out hundreds of years of oppression and glossed over Communism, I LOVED IT!

No comments: