
So, I was never really what you would say "into" Star Wars. I'd seen the movies but never really paid much attention. I just don't think I was ready to "embrace The Force". Sure, I knew all the analogies and knew enough to laugh at SpaceBalls. However, it was not until this last weekend that I understood what the deal was all about. We borrowed the Prequel Trilogy from our neighbors and Colby and I watched all three back to back to back. Whoa! I had seen the first two, but not really. I went to see Episode I but had fallen asleep at some point, woke up during the Gungan battle and feel back asleep. So, no, I didn't really see Episode I. I saw Episode II on a really bad date. He was trying to tickle me on the way to the movie and waiting for the movie (He picked me up at least 2 hours before it started). Then in the middle of the movie he tried to lean his head on my shoulder! Needless to say, I was occupied with more pressing issues, than watching the movie. So I was really not interested in watching Episode III.
Colby-wan Kenobi on the other hand bought some Force FX light sabers. They're pretty much as real as you can get without actually stealing one from Yoda or ObiWan. He also went to see Episode II opening night. He's not a Star Wars uber geek, but he does like the films. Just this weekend we watched all three. One on Friday and then the next two yesterday. Then at 10:00 we sheepishly called our neighbors to see if they had IV and V on DVD. We made it about halfway through
Anyway, these movies are awesome! For those of you who already love Star Wars I don't even need to explain. I must say that Episode III and V are my favorites. It really gives a lot more meaning to the ones in the 70's. Anyway...Thank you George Lucas for making those movies!
As also a funny sidenote, we play StarWars BattleFront on the Xbox. I would keep asking questions about it like, "Why are we Stormtroopers? I thought they were bad." Well watching it this time, I would point out sets and scenarios: "Hey, that's on the video game!" Silly, I know. I'm just a little slow to catch up on the coolness that Star Wars is! Who wouldn't like an epic battle against evil that spans years and galaxies? Love it! Can't wait for this next weekend to wrap it all up!
1 comment:
Haha! I hope you think of me when you watch Star Wars! I knew I liked Colby.
Post a Comment