Well in a couple of weeks we'll be moving to Orange County. While I'm very excited to finally be moving out of Utah (it's just time to move) there are a few things that I'll miss.
1) THE OREM PUBLIC LIBRARY! I will miss that library soooo much! It's like a giant Redbox and has an amazing selection of all kinds of books.
2)There is almost no possible way to ever truly get over the beauty of the mountains. They create a feeling of security and solidarity.
3)Our crazy ward is also something we'll miss. We've got neighbors that keep goats and now have babies; as I was walking to my car heading to work I heard the cow bellow a couple of times, the other neighbor's dog charged us with ticks all over; our other neighbors also have pygmy goats and rabbits as well as importing agave...but crazy and all, they're great people.
4)I'll miss our neighborhood. No matter the time, whenever you are driving in our neighborhood, people will wave at you! That's awesome!
5)While I have gotten lost several times in using this grid system, it's still pretty handy. You'll never really get lost because you can always count your way back down to State/Center street. But the grid system is infuriating when it changes cities. Example: 2000 N/200 S in Orem/Lindon. Once you've got it down, you know where you are.
New Upcycle Ideas 840
1 day ago
2 comments:
Maybe it's because I'm a born and raise U-tahn, but I really appreciate when a non-Utahn can recognize some of the great things about living here. Good luck in your upcoming move!
What a great move! I bet you guys are so excited! Maybe I missed a post but did Colby get into a dental school there? Good luck with the big move! PS- Happy b-day to your little man! I can't believe he is 1!
Post a Comment