Barack Obama got the Peace Prize? I thought it was a joke when Al Gore got it too. But really, what has he done for world peace? Miss America Pageant contestants do more for it than he has!
Here's Wikipedia's quote: According to Nobel's will, the Peace Prize should be awarded "to the person who shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses."
Hmmm? Compare it with this: President Barack Obama has approved a significant troop increase for Afghanistan, Pentagon officials said Tuesday. (http://edition.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/17/obama.troops/index.html)
I agree with Tony Stark in that sometimes "peace means having a bigger stick than the other guy," but do you really give the prize to the guy holding the stick?
I'm not a political pundit but really?
New Upcycle Ideas 840
1 day ago
1 comment:
the washington post tackled this tough question yesterday. apparently there are 2 kinds of nobel prizes"
1. you actually earn it, like mother teresa or nelson mandela,
2. you "aspire" to change the world.
since the nobel prize was decided 11 days after the election last november, obamas award was apparently justified based on his "aspirations".
so, i want to hereby publically state that I am aspiring for world peace. thank you.
ps. to the nobel committee: melissa is spelled with 1-"L" and 2-"S"s, and I will require only 5 minutes for my acceptance speech... i know i dont need to tell you this, but obviously MY aspirations deserve the prize as well.
wait- should I have asked for more time for my acceptance speech? i mean shoot! what if that little troll Kanye jumps up and tries to interrupt? who cares if Beyonce has the best music video of all time- I just won the freaking nobel prize, right???
Post a Comment