
Dear friends,
Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of you who fasted and prayed for J. It really means so much to me that you would all make that small personal sacrifice and that you would unite your faith for our son. The Lord has blessed us greatly and we are seeing a miracle.
J, just since Christmas, now speaks in two-word sentences , repeats phrases, jumps, has great eye contact, has spoken with his peers, said "mommy" and "daddy" regularly, his vocabulary has skyrocketed, he's learned to untwist a big jar, working on putting on his shoes on his own, creates spontaneous communication, and become such a verbal little guy. He's even working on three-word sentences. For all of that to happen since Christmas is a miracle. This kind of progress is atypical and at the weekly progress report where all his teachers get together, he's been highlighted as the poster child. They are all very impressed with him and so am I. Seriously, these results in this amount of time are just not typical and I believe it is a result of all the faith and prayers on J's behalf. The Lord loves J and is helping him learn and grow. Myself as well. Thank you for all your prayers!
I know all of these things are because of the Lord, so thanks again. Really.
Me
Below is an anecdote from this week.
Wednesday marked something so precious. It was the first time that J and S played together! Kim was over and I was making dinner but had to stop to see what happened. They played hide and seek. J hid his face in a corner behind the door in our bedroom. S was in the "hallway" by the kitchen. Kim told S to go find J. S would get a huge grin on his face and crawl to the corner where J was.J would poke his head out at S and Kim said, "There he is! You found J!" S laughed, J laughed. Then Kim said, "Come back, S !" and S would crawl towards Kim, who was by the rocking horse. Then she'd say, "Hide, J!" and the whole game would start over. It lasted for about 5-7 minutes and they both got the giggles and S got the snorts. I was trying to record a video, but didn't catch it in time. It was soooo adorable and huge for J! They both LOVED it and so did I.
S is almost walking. He's comfortable holding onto our hands and walking and gets the biggest kick out of it.
J is now a protester. He will say, "NOOO!" now to things that he doesn't like. "Time for bed!" "Noo!" "Do you want waffles?" "Nooo!" and yesterday he signed "drink" for a soda drink we'd gotten from Handel's. I said it's empty and he wailed, "Nooooo!" I showed him the inside and then he pitifully repeated, "Nooo." So cute. He's also been rude to me for the first time. I know it's kind of odd, but it's a good thing. I had a book he wanted and was talking to the regular speech therapist. J came up and ripped it out of my hand and said, "Gimme" and then ran away. She looked at me and said, "Okay. Not very polite, but that's great!" I had to laugh and while I did feel slightly affronted, I was still so proud of him.
2 comments:
I'm so glad Jackson is doing so well! That's amazing. He is such a good kid.
Becca:
You are making us so proud!!! You are a wonderful mother, wife and just a really nice human being:) We love you. We pray for you. We are thrilled at Jackson's progress this year. Hold on to your hats.............more great things are about to happen!!!
Hugs,
Sister J
Post a Comment