Crafts, Goodies and Interesting Finds

Powered by Blogger.

March 29, 2012

Date Nights

Stay at home mom? You know all about budgeting and how many of your dates are SATD (stay at home dates). I found Dating Divas and some of these dates are inspired from their website.

They're in order from newest to oldest:

Beauty is only skin deep


Tonight we watched Miss Congeniality. I LOVE that show. We got it from the library! We don't actually own it and so it's been years since I've seen it. Great!
So we focused on "It's not what's outside that counts, but what's on the inside."
We talked about beautiful places we've been or want to go, looked at different photography books and I made a brownie baked Alaska. Yum. Fun date.

_____________________
I love Paris
Last Friday was fun. It was a Paris theme. Colby got to choose wet/dry for the first course, hot/cold for the second and big/small for the activity. We had a (dry) quiche, a (hot) creme brulee and we made (big) structures out of marshmallows (store bought) and toothpicks. Then we watched Hugo. I liked it OK; it was pretty slow, but I'm glad I watched it all the same.


GG's marshmallow recipe


_________________________
Name that Date


So Colby and I usually stay at home on Friday nights and I've been planning some fun dates. The first was a phrase that Colby had to guess. Each activity was part of the phrase and then he had to guess it and so forth.
Our first activity was decorating cookies. "What happens if you eat a lot of cookies?" was the question. Colby's answer: "You get fat?" So FAT was one of the phrases.
Then we watched a rap song (Big Poppa) from the rapper Notorious B.I.G. Then the chopsticks clip from the movie "Big". That was after drawing an elephant with your eyes closed and not taking your pen off the paper AND after sculpting a whale in 30 sec. So with those four clues, Colby guessed the next clue: BIG.

Then we had a Q and A session with 3-4 questions about our wedding. Like what we remembered most about such and such. WEDDING was the last clue. So there you go. _____ BIG, FAT, _____ WEDDING.
We watched this gem after:

1 comment:

Heather said...

Cute. We have limited our dates to once a month now that we have to pay for the occasional babysitter...I'll have to borrow some of your ideas for the other nights.