Crafts, Goodies and Interesting Finds

Powered by Blogger.

May 4, 2012

A Visit from M and Cousin L

 
Written by M
Scene: [From my bed on the couch, I hear tiny voices, though I try to will them to go back to sleep. Logan's in his pack 'n play in the bathroom unable to climb out, while Sam and Jackson are in their respective beds, able to get out of their beds, but barricaded from the outer part of their room by a gate.]

Logan: "Jackson, Sambino, get me out!"

Jackson, full of concern: "Wake up Sam! Come on Sam, we need to help Logan! Oh, we need to pull the gate and save Logan! [After much pulling,] Oh no, we're stuck!"

Sam, now fully awake and ignited with passion for the cause: "Come on Jackson! 1, 2, 3, 4!" [grunting]

Jackson, rushing the gate with Sam: "Pull Sam, pull! Oh no, a giant gate!"

Logan: Jackson, Sambino, get me out! I need out!"


Sam: "Pull. 1, 2, 3, 4. Push . . . open gate, Mom!"

[I hear clanking noises, possible Sam trying to hoist himself over the top of the gate. I hear what could be the gate crashing. I wait for crying and in its absence, decide it's still okay to keep laying down on the couch.]

Jackson: "I fell. Are you fell? Oh my gosh!"

[After that, their fervor kind of fizzled out. Logan would sometimes yell, "I need out!" And Sam and Jackson would occasionally go and push the gate to see if its strength had lasted, shouts of "We need to help Logan" less frequent . . . Don't worry, soon after I went on got Logan. I was curious to see what Logan would do when he got out. Would he seek to free his comrades in arms? When I asked Logan if he wanted to go play with Jackson and Sam (gate still in tact), he said no. That's gratitude for you. :) So he ran around for a bit and played sans cousins until I freed them as well. Though I still would have preferred to sleep in, it was a pretty dang cute morning.]

No comments: