Crafts, Goodies and Interesting Finds

Powered by Blogger.

July 5, 2012

John Carter and extras

So first off, John Carter did not stink and Taylor Kitsch (a rather unfortunate last name) has an intensity that is captivating. The story is rather disjointed and hard to follow, but it is still really enjoyable if you know that ahead of time.

Sam's favorite lullaby is a girls camp song "Tell me Why" and Jackson's is "The Temple Song" which is "I Love to See the Temple". Sam is still addicted to eating his shirts at night. So much so that yesterday, he climbed out of his crib in tears to find a shirt. Of course after that big fiasco he does fall asleep in only his diaper, but instead of eating his shirt, I found him with both his hands down his pants! I just can't win.

Also on a recent long car trip, Sam had been really quiet for a while and then suddenly declared, "Pink. My fingers are pink!" He has also developed a penchant for eating tubes of toothpaste. There are lots of sample sized tubes in the drawer at my grandparents house. I was upstairs in the guest bedroom using the computer which is opposite the bathroom. (That computer is ancient, by the way. It's an 07!) I see Sam opening the drawers and pulling out toothpaste. I tell him to stop, but you can imagine how effective that was. So eventually I have to get up because he's almost got the cap off of this sample size tube. I take it away from him just as he gets the cap loose and tell him "no". Then I get a really good look at the bottle and I just have to laugh. I told Sam he should be extremely grateful to me because he had been trying to open a Monostat vaginal cream tube. Luckily he didn't eat it.

Jackson, poor kid, just got a sliver that was over an inch long gouged in his foot. Poor kid.

iPads and electronics abound. Yesterday, the kids watched Winnie-the-Pooh four times!!! Neither my sis nor I put it on for any of those times. Clearly the grandparents and gg-rents (and sisters) are not accustomed to child entertaining.

Yesterday we also made giant bubbles, set up a tent in the backyard and had cupcakes to celebrate the holiday. My mother and I also did a ton of sewing. So much fun.

I'm learning to relinquish most control and agency at the start of vacation and just go with the flow because everyone has a different opinion of good activities for the day. My idea is laying around the house. But cez la vie. I don't get to choose. Today is going to the lake and other assorted activities.

No comments: