Crafts, Goodies and Interesting Finds

Powered by Blogger.

October 17, 2008

Why no more Festival?


Just like to mourn the passing of Festival Cinemas, formerly University Mall Cinemas, aka "The Dollar". Did they get scared because a Cinemark was being built next door? I loved that Dollar! They were a little nicer, albeit still dumpy, than Movies 8 and a fantastic alternative to standing in the lines (provided you got there soon enough). T'was a classier Dollar. They also showcased Indie films. I was really looking forward to watching The Flyboys there but to my dismay, it was no more. The top part of the sign had been torn and someone threw a rock in one of the windows. For shame! Festival, it just isn't the same Provo party without you. We did travel the 30 min to save money on the theater. Did it even out with the price of gas? Who can say, but we miss you!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

So sad. I have some great Provo memories that involve that place. Hey, didn't we belt Queen all the way to that theater and back one time?