Colby just got back from another interview (yeah!) but I hate it when he's away. My sister Annelisa came to stay with me and take care of Jackson while I was at work and spent the night. She had a date the next night though so couldn't stay. I'm fine when Colby's away and there's someone else in the house, but when he's not, productivity is shot. I play video games for hours, which I never do (Viva Pinata, if you were wondering- thank you Lapes). I also eat junk food because suddenly cooking is a monumental chore and whatever I do eat consists of nothing healthy until I get full (I went upstairs and stole Halloween candy from our landlords). I stay up until I can't possibly justify staying up any later, crawl into bed, read until I'm exausted and then finally turn out the light. But not all of them! I kept the kitchen light on so I could see the creepy guy sneaking up on me better and call 911 sooner. I'm such a dweeb. So Colby's my security blanket and I am not ashamed to admit it! Just lonely and jittery is all. At least I'm not as bad as my Nana. When Grandad was away on business trips and it was just her and the baby, she'd take a huge kitchen knife, put it under her pillow and made sure that the can of Raid was within easy reach. I'm sure if she'd have known about pepper spray, she would have bought it by the case!
1 comment:
I feel the same way when Jared leaves! I can find ways to amuse myself for the evening, but I hate it when it's time to go to bed because it's so quiet and I'm all alone...
Post a Comment