Crafts, Goodies and Interesting Finds

Powered by Blogger.

November 2, 2008

Monkey!

He got a little tired in the middle of pictures. You can probably tell! He's so cute. I'm holding him up below. There's that huge tongue of his.

This Halloween was also political. We went to visit Colby's parents and they have a "Yes on 8" sign in their yard. It got stolen but luckily they had a spare in their garage. So the second or so group of trick-or-treaters came up and one kid in a stormtrooper outfit tries to grab the candy. Colby pulls the bowl away and says, I'll put it in your bag. Colby helps all the other kids first and as they are scampering away, Stormtrooper loudly says, "I've got one more thing to say to you. I've got one more thing to say to you!"
"What?"
He points his kid-sized finger up at Colby and says, "No on 8. No on 8!"
Colby pretended to give the kid a piece of candy and said, "Ok. See ya!"
One less piece for you, kid!
By the end of the night there was one group of kids left that came around. We had way less kids than expected and so we were giving out bags of it at the end. This Asian kid, who I think was Harry Potter, said: Are you serious!?
Yep!
His jaw dropped and he said, "Wow! Thanks! Everyone else is getting mad at us for coming so late!"
It was only 9:30. C'mon people!
Take the candy!

Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

nerak said...

Ok seriously, the monkey costume is so adorable. Halloween is so fun when there's little kids involved.

... but maybe not so much on the political opinion spectrum. That's way too funny.

Frances said...

now that is just too cute!!!

Janni said...

that's just sad that the kid had such an opinion... so glad prop 8 passed!

Durrant said...

What a cute little monkey! I'm with Janni- yay that it passed!

Gregg and Jaclyn said...

How are you guys? He looks so great in his monkey costume. When did kids get so political?