
I'm one of those people who sometimes doesn't do something just because everyone else does. A prime example is the movie "Twilight". I'll freely admit, I really like the first book and halfway through the 4th. I've read both of those twice. I held off with the movie because I didn't want to get swarmed by tweenies going through a hormone induced, pop-culturally driven frenzy. So I waited. Dollar theater. But still I waited. Then comes the DVD release. So one of my students lets me borrow it. Eat that, Redbox! Anyway, we watch it that night. Now I'm not one of those people that thinks the book should be like the movie. I did enjoy the movie and I'll admit it. However, the following (this is where if you really liked the movie, you don't read on):
1) Why the heck did they hire an inarticulate-paler-than-the-vampire-spazzy actress that can't spit out her lines when she's supposed to be spazzing! Even when the venom is in her? Is she really in agony? By the way, does she even love Edward? Moving on from Ms. Monotone...
2) Was this movie made for TV? Because the special effects, especially when Victoria is pulling the boat to eat whatever-his-name-is, is really, really, really bad. And when Edwards sparkles, it looks like a skin disease!
3)Why is this movie classified as a thriller? The scariest part (as far as movie making goes) was when Jacob and Bella were on the beach.
4) Why was Bella in her freakin' underwhatsies when she and Edward kiss for the first time? She's on her bed and is definitely not being a lady. Everyone knows that a lady sits to keep a nickel between her knees.
5) Did anyone else notice that Jacob's teeth were sharper than the blood-sucking clan?
6) Jasper, hmm. I didn't know that vampires could get high and look stoned the entire time!
7)And, if vampires are supposed to be naturally beautiful why are Esme and Rosalie (especially her) wearing oodles of lipstick and Rosie's blonde tresses need another dye job!
8) Why is Victoria in a bear skin?
All that aside, I did enjoy the movie. The unfortunate thing is, it made be like the book more.
4 comments:
I'd have to agree with your commentary about the movie. I loved the books, and thought the movie was just ok, for a lot of the same reasons you did. I hear some of the lameness was because it wasn't made by one of the "big" companies and didn't have much funding, but because of it's success the next one is "supposed" to be better.
Wow! Tierney thanks for being brave enough to read. I honestly didn't think that anyone would read it! I just wonder how the next movie will be or even the third with her falling for Jacob! Jacob by far has more character development between him and Bella so it's really easy to see why she'd fall for him, but it's just that she's supposed to be irrevocably in love with Edward!
I two of the books and saw the movie because everyone has been talking nonstop about Twilight. I don't like the books. I could make a huge list about what I dislike about the books. But I don't want to take up too much comment space. I read the first and second and couldn't go on. I gave the books away. The sad thing is I really wanted to like them. Then I gave the movie a chance and thought it was okay. Totally agree with your list. I actually liked it better than the books though.
You forgot #10) Why didn't they get a real makeup artist? Carlisle's face in the hospital scene makes me want to gag.
Post a Comment