Crafts, Goodies and Interesting Finds

Powered by Blogger.

September 19, 2009

Tradition, you take a long time!

Well, to make a short story long, my mom made all the family, felt stockings for Christmas. So, now that I have a small family of my own, I thought, I really liked those stockings. If she can do it, I can do it. I am now finished with Colby's stocking and now it's onto Jackson's. While Jackson's been napping I've been embroidering and stitching and hunched over material and cursing knots in the thread. It has taken me all of the Lord of the Rings extended versions, Pride and Prejudice (the new one), the Mummy series, and a few other movies I can't remember to finish. I've recently started in on TV shows on hulu and am in the middle of Mr. Monk. When people considered this the only occupation for proper ladies, I can't help but think all proper ladies must have been hunchback, squinty-eyed, bloody fingered messes. I'm quickly on my way to that because I've still got Jackson's stocking to do. And I seriously think that this tradition may limit the number of children Colby and I have because I don't think I can do more than two, three at the most! I'm just kidding, but I FINISHED THE FIRST ONE! I need to take a break and regain my composure (literally) before I tackle Jackson's. Colby thought I was nuts to start Christmas stockings in August, but I'll be lucky to finish Jackson's by then. Plus Colby didn't broker any arguments when I told him how much loot Santa can fit in those stockings! Voila!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Wow! Those look amazing Becca! I'm VERY impressed! And I didn't see any blood on it either! :)

Jonathan and Laura said...

Wow Becca, that is impressive. Good job!

what a life said...

Wow that is amzing!!! Good luck with jackson's I think it will be just as good!!!!