Crafts, Goodies and Interesting Finds

Powered by Blogger.

December 17, 2009

Leg Warmers: Emily, don't look!




So here is a picture of Jackson in the leg warmers I made for him the other day. They're actually girl's knee-highs but don't tell him that! I made 5 pair and all out of the most masculine colors I could. The close up is of Jackson after he decided he'd like to examine the camera a little closer. He was actually trying to rip it out of my hands at the time.
If you are really interested, here's the link I used for instructions. I did "pink" the seam to reduce bulk (I think that's what it's called; it's been forever since Home Ec) and I LOVE them! Jackson can wear shorts or a T-shirt (keep in mind we are in a warm climate) and still be okay, and I can rip them off or shove them on easily. I got the socks from Target and had to look in the hosiery section.
and p.s. Emily, if you did look, I'm sending them to you, but I haven't found a post office nearby! Gah! You might get them in Scotland after all!

2 comments:

kemp-y-QUA!! said...

i cant believe how big he is!!

thanks for the tutorials- this looks like fun.

Mike & Emily West said...

I um...ahem...well...I looked! Seeing a post with my name in it and then telling me NOT to look was like telling a toddler to wrap all the Christmas presents without looking to see what they are. IMPOSSIBLE! (sorry, I am like a child, I know...)Anyway, I think they are ADORABLE and I will be honest...I am SUPER DUPER excited!!!!!!!