Crafts, Goodies and Interesting Finds

Powered by Blogger.

April 3, 2010

Hobo Pants and Quilts

Here's my dear friend Becca! We've been friends since 6th grade and were known as Becca2 (squared). In any case, she's such a good friend and is the one who came to visit and on her vacation from RN-ing, ran to the hospital and doc's office twice with me for the boys! We still had fun and what a great friend to put up with it all! And did I mention that she also helped organize our kitchen, swept and mopped AND vacuumed AND made the BEST stew I've ever had (Kielbasa Stew, I'm in love)! I've valiantly tried to keep it as clean as it was when she helped, but I must admit, the sink is suffering!

I also made these pants from a tutorial by Ikat. Well, I've already made one pair and this one was my next project if the first pair went well. It must have been beginner's luck because the second pair looked good until I put them on Jackson. Colby said, "He looks like a clown! He can't wear those!" I said, "I agree, but he's wearing them." These ones had a lining and I had to unpick the legs twice before I finally got it right. I've already made Jack Jack a pair of shorts out of an old shirt of Colby's and that worked well (I'll post pics as soon as I get them). For some reason, in my pregnancy addled brain, the lime green and orange would look cute. Oh, well. I did use some old buttons from my mom's collection so the pants are special even if they are ugly! My little hobo!


Here's my first rag quilt (thanks Laura for the instructions)! It went to Shelly who visited with Ben and a big congrats again on the baby!

1 comment:

Jonathan and Laura said...

Ha, I can hear Colby saying that about the pants. It made me laugh. Jackson won't care if he looks like a hobo, you might as well dress as you like while you still can. Good job by the way. I'm scared to make clothing.