Crafts, Goodies and Interesting Finds

Powered by Blogger.

April 10, 2010

New YA Author!


I discovered this series and LOVED IT! It's been a long time since I've stayed up super-late to finish a book, but this one was really good as well as being very creepy. At the start of the first chapter it seemed like "Sixth Sense", but that quickly disappeared. It's a teen book without being as teeny-whiney as "Twilight". It's categorized as part of the horror genre and I'll admit it did give me the creeps during some chapters, which "Twilight", also categorized as "horror", did not. LOVED IT! Kelley Armstrong is a Canadian author (Go Canada) and has written a hefty amount of adult horror books mostly about werewolves. And though the covers look smutty, I scanned through one at the library. I didn't see any red flags so I think I'll be looking more into the adult series. Just got to say, definitely one of my new favorites. I will definitely be rereading these!
p.s. Just so you don't think I only go for YA, I'm tackling "When Elephants Weep" which is about animals and their emotions and that can of worms.

No comments: