This is the Currie family. Two brothers and two sister's in law. Two nieces and nephews who all adore Dani and Mark. Hal and Diana are the proud parents.
Brad, Mark, Danielle, and Ryan. Last name? .....CURRIE!
Dani's side of the family were all there too. Pictures of Nana, Grandad, and GG are on the professional photographer's camera and will be added later. (Sorry)
Even Annelisa was "in attendance".
It was a little chilly outside, so the newlyweds warmed up in the guest room near the front gates of the Cardston Temple. Notice the beautiful silk bouquet that Bryce arranged. He is so talented.
From head to toe, Dani had all the details in place.
Mom had to catch Dani while she visited and warmed up. What a beautiful bride! So very proud of her!!!
While Dani and Mark continued to take pictures, the rest of us went to GG's for lunch. On our way home, we saw a familiar truck driving down the road. We sped up to see who was driving. Yup! Mr. and Mrs. Currie.
They had just eaten lunch at A&W and didn't even get ketchup on the dress! That event was cataloged by the photographer as well.
Lots of work went into getting the gym at the chapel to look nice. In the end, some said it was magical!!! See for yourself!
The false ceiling really made all the difference.
Notice the dance floor.
Dani and Mark were very grateful to Becca for all the work she put into the wedding cake and cupcakes! They were beautiful and delicious.
Just a quick photo before all the people started to arrive.
Nana, and GG were very impressed with the decorations.
Becca, Jackson, Colby, and Sam all joined in.
Jared, Logan, Megan had fun too.
Grandad and Jackson couldn't wait for the party to really get going. It finally did when people started to arrive and "the line" started.
When people arrived, they first signed in at the guest book.
Notice the creative "candles" Bryce invented and made for all the centerpieces. Mark made perfect cuts to create the wood stands. The flowers Dani picked out added the finishing touches.
Once people started to arrive they didn't stop. An estimated 200 people came. They filled all the chairs we'd set up! We were able to say hello to old friends like Keith Wood.
Later, Dani and Mark were able to enjoy a bite or two of peach filled or berry filled crepes. They were delicious.
Mark's brother Brad was the MC for the night.
The first thing on the program was a poem about the couple. Bryce wrote and read it. Very cleverly written too, I might add.
MARK & DANI’S WEDDING POEM
Why was Danni even home the summer of 2010
She had planned to stay in Provo,
Taking summer school then.
Or work there through the summer
Even though the weather’s hot
And one thing we had all discussed
That traveling home she would not.
“So you are coming for a Spring Break,”
We queried on the phone.
Not exactly was her reply
The Spirit said go home.
So she made a change in plans
For inspiration said
Travel home to Canada
Sleep in your own warm bed.
Now this was just the first surprise
This trip was not a visit
I’m not returning to Utah
And I’m not even going to miss it.
Alberta is where I want to live
And raise a family
It has so very much to give
This future is for me.
Well that was just the day before
She showed up back at home.
And that is why today my friends
I’m reading you this poem.
Now Mark had just finished a mission
In the Dominical Republic
Time again to try the dating game
Perhaps a Gal he’d seek.
One night Mark’s friend Ben Fairbanks
Was at the McAlister spread.
He phoned and said, I’m hungry
In fact I feel half dead.
Please bring me food, come over,
And meet some cute young chicks
The night is young, it’s half past 10
These girls aren’t half bad picks.
So Mark, like the good friend he was
Brought McDonalds out for Ben
The food he’d bought to eat himself
Was shared about with them.
“May I have some. “”Oh share with me.”
Was all the women said,
A taste of this, the rest of that
Till all of them were fed.
When Danni saw how generous
This handsome guy could be
A good impression it did make
A defining memory.
That night they played Apples to Apples
And Danni was chosen Judge of all.
Mark came up with a real good answer
But the Judge his name didn’t call.
Now really Danni had thought his answer
Was best of any answer there.
But she chose the other guys
You see, she was being wise.
It’s the coyness that wins in the end.
That is why the next few days
With all the group around
Mark Currie and Danielle High
Were also to be found.
It wasn’t really dating,
They were just out with friends.
But may I now remind you
We know how the story ends.
Soon Mark had told his Mother
He’d met his kindred spirit.
The time he spent without Danielle.
Well, he simply could not bear it.
It’s nice Mark has a brother
With horses and a barn.
When Danni’s pal Lanae sought a photo opp
To take pictures with rustic charm
So after all the pictures and taking turns riding Raz
An opportunity was presented, the best kind a guy ever has.
There was Raz , Mark & Danni in the corner of the field
“Come here Raz,” Mark called
and the steed came forth and kneeled
Up upon his back they climbed, you know, you get the gist.
And at this time in their romance they hadn’t even kissed.
For Mark & Danni the railroad tracks were
A good place to reflect.
Looking at the starry night
She never felt neglect.
The first time that they strolled there
Mark hinted at a kiss.
But Danni only lowered her eyes
And He could only wish.
When they really started dating
They rolled three months into each one.
Each date anticipating
The excitement and the fun.
They could not stand to be apart
Her friends began to wine.
Come and spend more time with us
They all began to pine.
They did do other things though
With lots of other friends.
At Days of Thunder in Crowsnest Pass
They tried to make amends.
Due to low budgets hot dogs was all they could afford.
Day after day they blessed them as they prayed unto the Lord.
As time went by this summer
They spent lots of time with us.
Marks calm respectful spirit
Earned lots of points with us.
One time to their cabin Marks family went to work.
Danni was invited and the work she did not shirk.
The Curries really liked the ethics they could see
And soon they thought that Danni might fit in their family tree.
Mark’s nieces and nephews fell in love with her
And Mark’s feelings deepened and became more sure.
To see love reflected in her joy and her smile,
And how she loved the children and went the extra mile.
So to conclude the story
I now must take you back.
To the sight of the engagement
That very same Railroad Track.
They’d finished a nice breakfast
Out to Turner Valley.
Two hours later
He would bend upon one knee.
With the diamond ring in hand
And a smile upon his face.
He asked this beautiful girl Danielle
If His life she would grace.
So now this lovely couple add their own branch of the tree,
We are very glad they are in the family
A Temple Wedding was the best way to start out this day.
May God’s blessings rest upon them
We now all humbly pray.
Bryce L. Walton December 26, 2010
Then Mom read a letter from Sister Annelisa High. It was a surprise to everyone. It made Nana and Grandad cry.
LETTER TO MARK AND DANIELLE~ 28 Dec 2010
Hello Family and Frineds,
This letter is to my sister Danielle and new brother- in- law Mark. Let’s see....any embarrassing stories that I can tell you? Hmmm….. I’m sure alot has been shared already so I will spare you. :)
This day another prayer is answered! You have found and fell in love with a man worthy of the Priesthood, who has served a full-time mission, and who is strong in the gospel. When I met Mark in Provo, I could tell that he will take care of you. I am so happy for you both! My joy is full that you two have entered the Temple and made covenants with our Heavenly Father. What a gift he gives to us. This is a day you will always remember. I want to give you a quote from the Family Proclamation to the World as a weddin present. Quote: " Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work and wholesome recreational activities" (like horseback riding) I strongly encourage you two to study the scriptures together, pray together. Your relationship will strengthen, you will grow together, and your love for Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ will be deeply rooted.
This is an active Gospel. We have the scriptures which testify of Jesus Christ , a living prophet, and Temples scattered all over the earth. We have a knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. I have come to know my Savior. I know that His Atonement is real. I am grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost. It comforts, guides, protects, testifies of all truth, sanctifies. I am grateful for family and the tender miracles and mercies Heavenly Father is willing to grant. He is lovingly watching over us. His love is infinite and unconditional. He places people and situations in our path to help us through. I love you both.
Mark, welcome to the Family.
All my love,
Sister Annelisa High
To the rest of those in attendance - DO YOUR MISSIONARY WORK! :) Although I would love to be there, I would not want to be anywhere else but on my Mission. That sounds like a contradiction. I will explain it another way. I would give all the money I have, all the money in the world to be at Danielle's wedding. But money has no value to me right now because I am a missionary of the Lord, Jesus Christ. I have a work to do, and how great and marvelous it is!!
Mark had once said to Dani that he wanted to hear her play the piano everyday. She played "Winter Peace" by Jim Brickman.
Then it was Mark's turn. Before he sang a song for Dani, he told us all that he'd been nervous until he'd heard Dani play the piano. Her song calmed him right down. He said she has a way of doing that.
Grandad gave a beautiful tribute to the bride. Later, Grandad said he was sorry he got emotional, but I think it just made it better.
Mark thanked everyone for coming and paid tribute to Danielle. He has great love for her.
I think Mark got the idea that Dani loves him too.
When it came time to cut the cake, all went well.
The couple's first dance was romantic.
Then we all danced. Mark with his mom, Grandad with me, Dani with Bryce, and Hal with his mom.
Mark got a chance to dance with his mom's mom - Grandma Braithwaite.
Mark's dad Hal danced with his mom.
4 comments:
I love weddings. They are the best thing ever because you get to relive your own wedding. Your sister is absolutely beautiful. Where'd she get her dress?
Fantasy Bridal.
Wow! How beautiful and fun. I am also in love with the cake and didn't know you were so talented. What an amazing and fun wedding. There is never a better reason to be with family :)
What a beautiful wedding! Beautiful bride, beautiful cake, beautiful decorations. Looked like a good party.
Post a Comment