I have to post about one of my new favorite things: Make Dinner Easy. What is it? Well I'm glad you asked. This supermom, who loves to cook, provides "five free simple weekly dinner menus, quick-easy dinner recipes, and an organized free printable grocery list. Each weekly dinner menu includes kid friendly dinner recipes that and quick and easy to make."Why I LOVE it:
- It comes with a shopping list that is organized according to produce, meat, and in the aisles. Shopping is EASY. I just scan the list and check off the ingredients I've already got.
- The meals are also extremely balanced: "I try to include fresh fruits and vegetables and a minimum of processed ingredients." VERY true! We've never had such balanced meals.
- Less waste. The menus provide one or two vegetables that are used in at least two recipes so you use more of the stuff you buy without having it go bad.
- Each meal usually takes no more than 30 min to prep.
- There is usually at least one fish dish and one crock pot dish each week.
- I only have to figure out meals for Saturday and Sunday! (Which usually just means cooking one of the dinners again to use our stuff).
- I only go grocery shopping once a week!
The serving sizes are for 4-6 people. So all you have to do it check out the quantity at the beginning of the recipe and adjust accordingly. DONE!
I've worked off the menus for three weeks right now.
It's saved us money. I don't have to stress about dinner. The meals are all tasty. We've got some new favorites. And so I'm keeping the weekly menu instead of just the recipe and I'll recycle the whole week's menu. Seriously. Go. Check. It. Out.
So after dinner and this:

I feel like this:
3 comments:
I am excited about this!
I am so going to try some of these. Thanks! It was good to catch up the other day!
Wow that sounds awesome. I'm going to check it out. My sister just told me about a website called http://onceamonthmom.com/ where she gives you the grocery lists and stuff for I think 20 meals. You spend one day cooking and then freeze it all. She has a diet meal plan and a regular. I think between the website you found and this other one, we're set for life!
Post a Comment