Crafts, Goodies and Interesting Finds

Powered by Blogger.

July 13, 2012

Jackson today- Sam today

Today he read us "Are you My Mother?" teacher-style with the book facing out and him turning pages and reading it to Colby, Sam, and myself. He definitely has that one and Llama Llama Red Pajama memorized. I was so proud of him. He also is starting to copy the British intonation of phrases. He really sounds like he has a bit of an accent. We do watch a lot of British things and I think he likes the lyrical sound. We watch Kipper, Wallace and Grommit and Mary Poppins. In fact, he loves Mary Poppins so much that when I came back in from hanging the wash, he shook my hand and said, "Good luck, guv'na!" So not only will he have a British intonation, but a cockney accent to boot. Sam, I have decided has mischievous eyes. We were watching a Bollywood music video with a how-to afterwards. To have Bollywood eyes (like at the beginning of the video) you must look from side to side slowly with mischief in your eyes. Sam? Mischief accomplished. He frequently looks slant-ways especially if he's doing something silly or he's in trouble.

3 comments:

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

haha So cute!

Our Carlson Family said...

Bless you - i needed a laugh! Youre boys are hilarious! Like their mama!

Ryan and Erin said...

So I follow you on google reader, and there were like 20 new posts today... but viewing your actual blog, it has different dates. Boy was I behind. I must say I am in love with your writing. It is so entertaining. I definitely want to read your book whenever it is published. I am a very loyal reader when I enjoy an author! :) Also, I love your 'apocalyptic' post. Hilarious.