
So I did finally settle on a new book, but it was something I really hadn't expected. I don't normally go in for non-fiction but this is a great read. It's fascinating. I was a little disgusted at Frank Abagnale's obvious lack of morals but amazed at how easily he swindled everybody. This book reveals more than the movie (they usually do), but I was pleasantly surprised because I didn't even really like the movie. A great and fast read!
5 comments:
And he even swindled his way into working as a professor at BYU! What a crazy guy.
I couldn't believe it when I read that! I mean it's crazy!
Wow, how'd he do that?
He needed a place to hide and saw an ad in the paper for a Sociology professor. He called the hiring prof and said he had majored in Soc, and taught for a few years but he had become a pilot. He was furloughed as a pilot for the time being but he wanted to be in the classroom. The prof said he needed two letters of rec from his old U and that he also needed a college transcript. He forged all of them (he dropped out of high school). The prof said to come in for an interview which was really brunch and they hired him on the spot and he taught a spring/summer term for frosh and sophs and really just opened the floor for discussion about divorce and marriage and his own past. Pretty crazy.
Looks like you guys had a great Christmas with lots of family around!
As far as the mini crib... It definitely served its purpose, we got it because we were in tight conditions, but Crew grew out of it so fast! We kept him in there longer than we should have, his arms would hit the sides if he stretched out. We have the brand DaVinci (I think it is the Emily Crib). I want to get a full size one for this next baby because bedding is impossible to find (at least cute stuff). And it was hard to put him in a big boy bed before he was ready. So again just a personal opinion, if you have room for a full size crib get one. If not a mini crib serves it's purpose (MINI) but they are about the same price so I don't know how worth it is to buy a mini crib. You can always just use a pack and play. I hope this helps. Good luck with crib shopping! Let me know what you figured out:)
Post a Comment