Crafts, Goodies and Interesting Finds

Powered by Blogger.

January 1, 2008

Stuff

Blogging is really and truly for the blogger and not for other people. So with that in mind, indulge me in listing things:

My friend Chelsey has tagged me which means I have to write 6 habits/facts about myself. Here are the most interesting things about me:

1. I love to bake and love to decorate cakes. I took a cake decorating class at BYU. The first two I've made and the second two are ones that I'd like to make. Eventually, after I learn how to use fondant, I'd like to make a side business out of it. P.S. Even though the roses cake looks fabulous, it tasted really nasty. I shouldn't have used a carrot cake for the base! Live and learn.


2. Some of my favorite words are salacious, melliflous and ...I can't remember the other one. I won't tell you the definition of salacious but it just rolls off the tongue. Ex: My face turned red at the salacious gossip I heard.

3. Um...I'm having a baby which is weird. I keep thinking of that part in Alien where the thing pops out of the stomach. The baby's a boy which is great. One of my students actually asked me, "Mrs. Gage, how do baby's come out?" I paused, looked at him and answered, "Out of my bellybutton."

4. I've broken my finger twice. Once playing rugby (my favorite sport), and the second time playing football. I actually played rugby in high school and started to play for BYU but didn't continue due to my broken finger (just the top knuckle was affected). I had surgery on it to fix it (I can't straighten it and it permanently rests at a lazy 45 degree angle to my straightened finger) but Droopy, as I affectionately call him, remains. I don't know why my droopy finger is a him not a her, but it seemed to fit. The droopy finger isn't really a problem but it is my driving finger and traffic is twice as bad with it crooked!

5. My favorite books/reading material are Ender's Game, A Tale of Two Cities (I cry every time), and Much Ado About Nothing (especially the movie with Emma Thompson and Kenneth Branaugh). I'm actually not much of a Pride and Prejudice fan- book or movie. Sorry.

6. I also have this weird pickiness about chick flicks. I actually don't like them very much. They have to either be off-kilter, like Chocolat with Depp, or idealistic (somewhat) like "How to Marry a Millionaire". Here's my gripe list with perhaps the most popular chick flicks: "You've Got Mail": stupid' "Casablanca": Rather squeeze lemon juice and salt in my eye; "Little Women": Why didn't Jo go with Laurie?; "Love Story", "Grease", "Pretty Woman", "Ghost", "10 Things I Hate About You" (never saw it, don't care), "Notebook" (see previous), "How to Lose a Guy"-Hate the second half...The list goes on and on! I DO like the very edited version of "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". Ask Colby or Gretchen. There are two different edited versions of that movie floating around. I like the very edited one. They both think I'm crazy. I love "Sense and Sensibility". The end just gets you. I like "Bridget Jones' Diary" (again edited).

No comments: