Crafts, Goodies and Interesting Finds

Powered by Blogger.

June 15, 2008

This is going to be a long post and sorry in advance about the formatting. It gets funky at the end.

Okaay...
  1. For starters: Blogger just added a really cool feature (now on our toolbar) that Marel introduced me to--Thank you, Marel! (And for the record, when we were using Safari browser for some reason it wouldn't let us add more blogs to the "Blogs We Visit" element. You're not chopped liver!)
  2. It seems that we are destined to spend every holiday in the hospital. Jackson came on Mother's Day and now on Father's Day we're back. We just got back from American Fork hospital pediatric unit because last night Jackson decided to turn blue. Well, the hospital called it "dusky" and "mottled" but I'd like to point out that his eyes looked blue and so did his lips. He was also pretty floppy (most newborns are really floppy but I'm talking really floppy). I thought I was being paranoid but when I asked Colby if Jack-Jack looked blue to him and he didn't call me paranoid I knew it wasn't just my imagination. So off to American Fork. They put him on a monitor and watched him through the night. The nurses also want you to save every diaper so that they can weigh it. He didn't really mess his diaper until right before we left. It was a really messy one and I asked them to weigh it and tell us. It's kind of gross but 1.73 grams is what it totaled at. Anyway...they think that his acid reflux caused sleep apnea. So they prescribed some medication, not to stop the spit up, but to stop it from burning on the way up. Anyway...better to be safe then sorry and it sure is good to be home again. Happy Father's Day, Colby!
  3. I'd like to point out that there are a LOT of really cool looking movies coming out this summer or that are already out. Here's a list of the ones we want to see as well as a brief description (in near perfect alphabetical order):
  • Who doesn't like Indiana Jones? Not jumping on the Last Crusade bandwagon, Colby's favorite is the Temple of Doom, which I think is pretty funny, too. He's even got the heart-ripping chant down. We haven't seen it yet but are really looking forward to it. Summer is such a hard time to save money because there are sooo many fun things to do.
  • This one on the right is the City of Ember, which originally started out as a chapter book by Jeanne DuPrau. The book is great and has an amazing ending. I highly recommend reading it. The movie will be really different though because they reveal a ton of the plot in the preview so they must be going somewhere different with the movie than the book. It's got a pretty cool sequel too called "The People of Sparks". Again check out the book. It'll take you a couple of hours to read.
  • Will Smith is definitely one of my favorite actors. He's really come a long way from Fresh Prince. Anyway...if you liked Iron Man, my guess is that you'll like Hancock. It seems to take the I'm-the-coolest-I-can-do-whatever-I-want-superhero concept one step further. Colby's favorite parts in the preview is the whale throwing part and him stopping the train. The action sequences at the climax of the movie look stinkin' sweet and intense. Probably just wouldn't be the same seeing it at home and not on the silver screen. If you haven't seen the trailer, check it out at imdb.com.
  • I'll admit it looks kind of campy and almost all CGI, buuuut sometimes those end up being really great movies. For example, Colby convinced Gretchen and I that Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium would be a good movie. I had my serious doubts but now it's definitely one of my favorite movies.

  • Prince Caspian: SOoo much cooler looking than Lion, Witch, and Wardrobe. Who doesn't like C.S. Lewis? And by the way, if everyone is railing against The Golden Compass being "anti-Christian" why aren't the atheists and anti's ranting about Narnia being Christian? I think that Narnia is waaay more overtly Christian than Golden Compass was anti. Moving on...

  • Go Speed Racer, go, go Speed Racer! Colby used to watch this as a kid and loves cars. It looks like a trippy movie and Matrix was a really cool movie so...why not?





  • The Dark Knight: Nuff said. (It does look scary in a disturbing psychological way).

  • Don't judge.




  • Soo, we saw an extended preview and it's looking cute again. I told you I was wishy-washy on this film.
  • Why, oh why did it have to be rated-R? My favorite part is the assassination via car flip.














  • It's got slap stick galore. I really like the romantic comedies about married life. Granted they do exaggerate just a little bit but I'm guessing they stay married in the end. I want to see it even just for that. How many movies these days promote sticking with it? (Granted the whole reason they got married in the first place was a drunken one night stand...but I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too.)

5 comments:

Marel and Tom Stock! said...

I'm glad we're not chopped liver. And just so you know... Pixar's trailers are always trash... you could even say they are trailer trash... so the fact that Wall-e has a good trailer is amazing. Think back... they've all looked stupid in the trailers and they've all been super cool!

nerak said...

I LOVE that you called him Jack-Jack. I do NOT love that he decided to turn blue! CRAZY.

Ok, I must say, top summer flicks so far are IronMan and What Happens in Vegas (the applicability of the phrase "if I could make someone dead with my mind, it would be you" is stunning). I think Dark Knight and Hancock are going to be contenders as well.

I'm so glad you love movies as much as I do!

Frances said...

I love summer movies! And no worries.. I usually am drooling over any new Will Smith movie!

Lesley said...

Hi, I saw your comment on my blog, princesseshunt.blogspot.com. I changed my template by going to pyzam.com. They have tons of bloggger templates. I couldn't tell you off the top of my head how I did it, but there are step by steps on pyzam that lead you through the process of switching the template. Just a warning, though, I've heard that some people can lose their "Friends" links during the switchover, so make sure to save those addresses first. Have fun!

Megan said...

And what about "Get Smart"?