Last night was truly a lot of fun. I'd just like to preface that I had a great time and I'd do it again given the chance. Colby has just a few more classes to finish up and has taken a full load for the past two or three semesters (I'm impressed!) For those of you that have taken a Spring/Summer Term you know it's over fast. You just feel that you're getting into the class and then BAM! the final is next week. That's kind of the case with these classes. Colby's juggled moving, baby and school which is no small feat. Well a huge paper (20 pages) is due in one of his classes and we teamed up to conquer this beast. It's due on Monday and last night we printed out a bunch of articles and while I read and summarized the articles, Colby synthesized the information into a thesis and coherent paper. Then we went back over the text and decided to wax lengthy. Now, this expansion trick is much more sophisticated than just narrowing the margins, or increasing the font size, or increasing the spacing between lines. No, this is where you weave and spin marvelous webs of words and circumlocute to the utmost in order to maximize the expansion potential. In other words, you use bigger words. I love doing this. Colby and I had a lot of fun working on this: "No, use "in the event of", and "This sounds smarter." Now in honor of bs-ing, and I'm not talking baby-sitting, the following poem is a simple poem that's been beefed up-- It's on steroids. Now you all know this poem but do you know this version? The answer is in the comment box so don't peek unless you really want to know the answer.
Scintillate, scintillate, globule vivific!
In vain do I ponder thy nature specific--
Loftily poised in the ether capacious,
Closely resembling a gem carbonaceous;
Scintillate, scintillate, globule vivific,
In vain do I ponder thy nature specific!
New Upcycle Ideas 840
1 day ago
5 comments:
It's twinkle, twinkle little star!
I just want you to know that I'm smart. I totally got it before looking... in fact, I came in here to tell YOU what it was!
Wow - I'm feeling dumb about now! What are we gonna do with those english majors... :)
It's one of blogger's new features. If you go into layout, "add element" you'll find it.
I'm also insulted that we're not under "blogs we visit." What does "more blogs" mean? "We feel obligated to add these ones too, but they're not really our friends." :)
Post a Comment