
Well, I always will remember my old roomie Tiona saying, "Reebs, it'll be a small miracle if I get out of Provo without being in an accident." That was when we were living in King Henry where the parking spaces were compact size, extra-compact. Today, while driving Jackson to his 6 mos shot appointment, Colby and Jack Jack got rear-ended by a 26 foot Penske rental truck (it's the behemoth on the bottom). You know that people run red lights like they were born to, here in Utah county. Well, Colby decided to stop, but the truck didn't. Colby would have been running it and so you know there would be at least 2 other cars behind him. Instead, it was a big yellow cheese bus. It totally rammed into him pushing him into the middle of the intersection by R.C. Willey. There was glass everywhere! Our four-seater car is now a two-seater and it's totaled! Jackson was scared, then started to cry. Thankfully, he just bonked his head (still going to check on him in the middle of the night). Colby said that Jackson actually cries harder when we try and put him to bed at night. Go figure. Jackson got to ride in his first ambulance and was babbling and giggling as per usual. The doctors at the hospital just loved him. Colby called me as I was on my way home from work. The call started something like, "Don't get mad and don't worry when I tell you this: we're fine, but we're in the hospital". Not mad, but "don't worry, we're fine" is code for "accident." I stopped by Angie's to pick up a car seat because ours was wedged in the middle of the front seat. She was so nice (thanks, Angie!) and Quin is such a big boy that they had an old one that he doesn't use anymore. So, load everybody up in our neighbor's car, our friend's seat and head home. A detour to Del Taco and we're back home! What a day, what a week!
6 comments:
Well, I'm sad to hear about the accident and totaled car, but glad that everyone is okay. What a bummer! And scary!
Holy cow! Glad that everyone's ok.
behemoth, haha! seriously! so glad everyone is ok!
Oh my goodness!!! Seriously, I am so glad that no one was hurt, but what the heck about that stupid cheese bus?!? WOW! Anyway, again, I am very relieved you are all doing well. SHeesh! I'll see ya soon!
Wow, that sounds totally scary. I'm so glad no one was hurt.
i can't believe you're all okay. well, obviously i'm glad. what a great story to share in the future, though.
Post a Comment