Crafts, Goodies and Interesting Finds

Powered by Blogger.

July 17, 2008

just stuff


Well, just a couple of things to write about and it's gonna be quick! First: I'm not exactly sure what inspired the cowboy kick, but it works (for now). Second: This is Jackson's first foray into the swimming pool and no, that isn't me. It's our landlady. I just didn't want to get wet and Colby wanted to get really wet so Shannon offered to take Jackson. I was a little nervous until she yelled at her own kids to stop splashing because they were getting the baby wet. Thank you, Shannon. The hoodie poster is the bathtub clean-up afterwards. He loved the pool by the way and was kicking and cooing all the way. Third: as really, really hard as the transition has been, I'm glad to be a "stay at home mom" (which is anybody says isn't hard work, they've obviously never had kids). It's great seeing him learn new things even if they are small. For example he added "hi" to his growing repertoire of "gah", "aiiieeee", and "phbbt." Shannon mentioned that he learned how to say "hi" while she was watching him and I could take pleasure in knowing that he actually said it to me first. Possessive? Maybe. But that's what firsts and moms are for!

5 comments:

t foust said...

Jackson is so cute! Thanks for sharing those pictures. :)

Eli & Mandy said...

He really is too cute Becca! I believe I've seen that tongue sticking out face on you before. Like mother, like son, right? I'm glad you like staying at home with Jackson and experiencing his firsts. That was the hardest part about being the nanny; telling the parents about all the amazing firsts their children were having with me.

Marel and Tom Stock! said...

nicely done. By the way, I think if you fly to Canada, you need a passport too. Birth certificates only work if you're driving.

kemp-y-QUA!! said...

this kid is seriously cute!

ps. nice cowboy theme---do you secretly wish you were me living in texas?

Durrant said...

Look at how big he is! He is so cute! We need to get together to let our little boys play!