Crafts, Goodies and Interesting Finds

Powered by Blogger.

July 19, 2008

New fettish

If you haven't checked out etsy.com I highly recommend it. It's like a giant craft fair/bazaar featuring the unique, unusual and sometimes bizarre (hehe, little play on words). Anyway, we watched The Golden Compass last night and really liked it. Then we just decided to surf the web and found out about the style called "steampunk". Hence the now steampunk theme. Sorry Melissa-the cowboy was shortlived. Anyway... It's a Victorian style (when everything was steam powered) but with a sci-fi element, like Golden Compass. Here are some really cool products when we searched steampunk. Here are some cuff links made out of watch pieces:
A necklace:
One man has even taken a computer and steampunked it.
So cool. Of course etsy has TONS of different things. It's just fun to see what people can make. My pampered baby purchase that I wish I had the money to spare--Monkey hats. Seriously, check out etsy. Just type in any old thing in the search. They even let you browse by color.

5 comments:

Marel and Tom Stock! said...

Here's what they recommended for me: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=fp_feat_6&listing_id=630474
Interesting little site! :)

Marel and Tom Stock! said...

dangit. It didn't set it as a link.
Here, I'll break it up:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?
ref=fp_feat_6&listing_id=630474

Colby said...

Fashionable and functional! That way you'd never be without one. Double form of birth control. What did you type in that they recommended this for you? Marelll!

Marel and Tom Stock! said...

nothing - I just went to etsy.com and there were some "hand-picked items" - I assume they were aimed directly at me... otherwise, they wouldn't be "hand-picked" right? They obviously know me well

Eli & Mandy said...

Woo-hoo for Etsy! I'm glad you enjoy it as much as I do, although Eli doesn't like me on it too much. He's afraid I might spend all our money or something. My order just came in; a new kool-aid jammers purse with matching wallet. Fun and cheap. It doesn't get much better than that. Oh, and go for the ears. That's way too cute!